How to use Google Mail Fetcher to Backup and Send Emails from Other Email Accounts Print this Article
Google Mail Fetcher in Gmail is easy to set up and allows you to centralize all your email in Gmail (up to five other email accounts) and save email backups. With 15GB of free space shared across your Gmail, Google Drive, and Google+ Photos, Gmail is a great (free) solution for storing email backups.
- Connect your email clients to Gmail to receive emails after setting up Google Mail Fetcher
- The email accounts from which you'd like to fetch mail must support POP access and, in the case of Gmail addresses, have POP access enabled.
Set Up Google Mail Fetcher
- Log into your Gmail account
- If you don't have a Gmail account, can sign up here
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Settings
- Select the Accounts and Import tab and locate Check email from other accounts (using POP3) section
- Click Add a POP3 mail account you own
- Enter your email address
- Click Next Step
- On the next page:
- Add your username (email address)
- Enter the password for the email address you provided
- In the POP Server field, enter mail.e-dimensionz.com
- Select Port 995
- Enter your email password
- Click the checkboxes next to the options that best suit your needs:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server: This setting leaves a copy of email Google retrieves on your server. It is only recommended for advanced users as it requires maintenance of the email account on your server to remove old email
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail*: This setting is recommended
- Label incoming messages: This setting labels mail that Google fetches with the email address it is fetched from and is recommended for most users
- Archive incoming messages: This causes email that Google fetches to skip your inbox, which may cause you to miss the email. Recommended for advanced users only
Select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as email@example.com and click the Next Step button for further configuration. This will allow you to compose messages in Gmail but have them appear to be sent from your added email account.
The following instructions will assist with the additional configuration:
- On the new page enter the following information:
- Name: The name you wish to display in messages you send
- Treat as an alias: It is recommended that this box is checked for the most common preference. Click the Learn more link next to this option if you would like more information
- Click the Next Step button
- On the next page, use the following information:
- SMTP Server: Change the server to mail.e-dimensionz.com and use Port: 587 (TLS)
- Username: your email address
- Password: Enter the password for the email address
- Keep unchecked: Secured connection using SSL
- Click the Add Account button.
Once your credentials are confirmed you will receive a verification email to your email address, click the link included in the message.
If you aren't able to access the link, please log in to your Gmail account and click Settings at the top of any page. Open the Accounts tab and locate the email address you'd like to add in the Send mail as: section. Then, click Verify and enter the confirmation code from your email.
Once verified you can choose which e-mail address you send from when you compose a new message from your Google Inbox via a dropdown in the To: field.
Was this answer helpful?
If your email is returned with error messages similar to the following, you may have sent too...
After you have created an email account, you will be able to modify properties, such as password...
If you're forwarding email to Gmail through SiteWorx, you'll want to ensure that mail will be...
Email forwarders allow you to forward a copy of all mail from one address to another. For...
SiteWorx provides access to 2 different Web-based email programs (Horde & Round Cube), each...