User Testing: Improve Experience for Website Visitors
User testing, also known as usability testing or third-party application testing, helps developers determine whether an application or product is user-friendly or not.
Usability testing can also help reveal whether users feel confident using your website or application according to parameters such as speed, content, navigation, layout, and flow.
Individuals involved in user testing possess a high level of understanding of their field, and have excellent observation skills to spot and fix problems. The usability tester’s job is to determine how easy an application is to use and learn, and what convenience it provides to the end user.
User testing is usually comprised of a few different components:
Can users accomplish tasks quickly with the website or application? How can the software or application be better coded to satisfy the needs of clients and vendors? Are there any aspects of the application that are ambiguous, missing, or unclear? Does the technical design conform to user expectations and requirements?
How easy it it for a user who has never encountered the application to learn it? What can be improved to shorten the learning curve for the end user?
Do end users encounter many errors? How critical are the errors and how easily can these errors be resolved? How can the coding be fixed to reduce or eliminate the number of errors?
- Overall satisfaction:
Does the application or website provide an overall satisfying experience? How much do users like using the product?
There are many advantages to user testing, from both a company and customer standpoint:
- User testing helps uncover potential bugs that have not been caught by developers and may have escaped other types of testing.
- If properly planned ad executed, user testing can be economical and highly effective.-Experienced and creative testers ensure all problems are fixed before the final version of the product is released to the end user.
- Users gain access to better quality software- Usability testing can also be expanded to include system integration testing, unit testing, and functional testing, among other things.
- Less frustration for the end user due to errors and glitches.-Your product is more readily accessible and attractive to end users.
Usability testing is essential to the discovery and correction of problems before your end users ever encounter them.
Having a professional, unbiased third-party tester is the best way to catch issues before they affect your customer base and along with it your reputation.
Third-party testers are that fresh pair of eyes you need on your product who can provide feedback on its usefulness and value to potential users. Finally, user testing saves you money in the long haul by fixing problems early and in the most economical manner.
User testing is a wide and varied field that requires a high degree of creativity, objectivity, and keen observation. Your chosen tester should be patient, open to suggestions, and take a positive attitude toward solving any issues with your application.
To ensure the best experience for your software or website, consider usability testing. Knowing your product is error-free and easy to learn is the first step to providing great value to your customers.
- What is SWOT Analysis
- AODA and WCAG: 2021 Web Accessibility Standards Deadline for Ontario
- Blockchain - Moving Beyond Bitcoin
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for Startups
- How to Write a Software Design Document
- Why a Professional Website will always Beat Out a Cookie-Cutter Website
- Essential Features for a Not-for-Profit Website
- How Smart Geotargeting Can Help Website Conversions
- Disadvantages of Website Builders
- The Efficacy And Prevalence Of Voice Search