How to transfer your website to e-dimensionz Hosting
One of the daunting tasks that a website owner can face is transferring their website to a new hosting provider. This is why e-dimensionz offers a FREE Website Transfer service for all customers who want to switch to us.
- Step 1: Signup for one of our hosting plans where you would like the website transfered to. (Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Cloud Hosting)
- Step 2: Fill out our Hosting Transfer form to provide us with your current web hosting details.
- Step 3: Our expert migration team will take care of the entire website transfer process for you.
Compensation of Unused Months
In addition to the Free Transfer, we will compensate up to 6 unused months left with your previous web host if you leave before your plan expires and add those remaining months to your new e-dimensionz Web Hosting Plan for free. (Please attach a copy of the receipt to the Hosting Transfer form to receive the free months)
Website Transfer Process
Getting ready to Transfer your website
Once your new Hosting Account with e-dimensionz has been activated and the Hosting Transfer form has been submitted, our Site Migration team will begin working on transferring your website. At this point, the site migration team will handle everything related to transferring of your website.
Generally, from start to finish the migration can take anywhere from as little as 1 hour to as much as 48 hours, depending on the size of the website and the web host you're moving from. During this process, you will be asked to change the DNS on your domain name to our name servers (domain propagation can take 24-72 hours after the DNS is changed)
Test and Confirm
Once our team has notified that your website transfer is completed, they'll ask you to double check your website to ensure that things are working. Provided that you changed the DNS and waited the 24-72 hours for the domain to resolve everything should be working correctly.
Cancel your Old Hosting Account
Our suggestion is to keep the old hosting account active for at least a week. This way if there were any issues during the website transfer process, we would be able to correct it easily. Once you're confident that your website is working correctly, you can proceed to cancel your web hosting account.
- Email & FTP accounts and messages can only be transferred if the previous hosting account was managed with a cPanel version compatible with e-dimensionz cPanel.
- FTP accounts can only be transferred if the previous hosting account of the customer was managed with a cPanel version compatible with e-dimensionz cPanel.
- We cannot guarantee successful transfer if any of the following conditions is present:
- If the website uses a different MySQL version than what e-dimensionz currently uses
- If the website uses a different PHP version than what e-dimensionz currently uses (Cloud Linux PHP Version selection available to all hosting accounts)
- If the server of the previous host continuously experiences reliability issues during the transfer
- The website transfer can take up to 72 Hours to be completed after all necessary information is provided by customer.
Was this answer helpful?
Yes! Each month we post new special offers. Keep an eye on our Specials Offers page for new...
e-dimensionz performs weekly backups of customers' shared and semi-dedicated hosting accounts ....
For our shared web hosting plans, we offer cPanel. cPanel features include: WebMail Email...
Shared hosting refers to a website that resides on the same server as other websites. The...
We do not require any contracts when you purchase hosting through e-dimensionz. Hosting plans are...