How to traceroute in Windows, Linux and Mac OS?
Here are instructions on how to perform a traceroute check on different operating systems:
- Open Start menu
- Click Run
- Type cmd and press enter
- In the command prompt type tracert domain.com and press enter
This will provide traceroute results from your computer to domain.com. You can also use tracert with an IP, i.e.tracert 220.127.116.11
For more information on how to copy and paste the traceroute results, please check this article.
- Open a terminal window and type traceroute -I domain.com.
- The -I option is necessary so that the traceroute uses ICMP. You can also use traceroute with an IP, i.e. traceroute -I 18.104.22.168
- Mac OS is a UNIX-based operating system such as Linux.
- This means that you can perform a traceroute check exactly as in Linux - traceroute -I domain.com executed in a terminal window.
The other option is to go to the Applications folder >
Network Utility >
Traceroute.Type the domain or IP address in the field under "Please enter the network address to trace an internet route to" and clickTrace.
Was this answer helpful?
Server uptime refers to the amount of time in a given period a server stays up and running....
In order to block all bots from accessing your site, you should create a robots.txt file with the...
Having a website look the same on different browsers has been an ongoing issue for the web...
You probably understand what disk space is, but what is bandwidth? A bandwidth quota is a limit...
If spam is being sent out from your email account, your email address has either spoofed or...