How to traceroute in Windows, Linux and Mac OS?
Here are instructions on how to perform a traceroute check on different operating systems:
- Open Start menu
- Click Run
- Type cmd and press enter
- In the command prompt type tracert domain.com and press enter
This will provide traceroute results from your computer to domain.com. You can also use tracert with an IP, i.e.tracert 188.8.131.52
For more information on how to copy and paste the traceroute results, please check this article.
- Open a terminal window and type traceroute -I domain.com.
- The -I option is necessary so that the traceroute uses ICMP. You can also use traceroute with an IP, i.e. traceroute -I 184.108.40.206
- Mac OS is a UNIX-based operating system such as Linux.
- This means that you can perform a traceroute check exactly as in Linux - traceroute -I domain.com executed in a terminal window.
The other option is to go to the Applications folder >
Network Utility >
Traceroute.Type the domain or IP address in the field under "Please enter the network address to trace an internet route to" and clickTrace.
Was this answer helpful?
The control panel is an essential part of any web hosting account. You wouldn't be able to do...
Web hosting is a very important part of the way the Internet works today. To the end user,...
Backups are crucial to the smooth operation of any website, no matter how important, how many...
In order to block all bots from accessing your site, you should create a robots.txt file with the...
That's really up to you; it depends on how many people you think will be using email on your...