How to use Global Check-in with Joomla
This tutorial assumes you are already logged into your Joomla admin panel
When more than one administrator is working in the Joomla admin panel, Joomla will lock records that are opened to help prevent conflicts with record commits. This can prevent one user from overwriting another user's adds or edits
In certain circumstances, Joomla may lock a record and it will not be released properly. If this happens, you can use the Global Check-in to unlock records
1) To use Global Check-in, first select the Site menu option
2) Under the Site menu option, look for Maintenence, then across to Global Check-in and click it
Here you can see if there are items to check-in on the far right
3) Select the row or rows that require items to be checked-in by checkmarking those rows
4) Click on the Check In button
Let's view the Article Manager to see the results of our Global Check-in
5) Select the Content menu option
6) Now down to the Article Manager and click it
Here we see how a locked Article appears with a small padlock icon
Now you know how to use Global Check-in
After using Global Check-in, the small padlock icon is now gone
Was this answer helpful?
This tutorial assumes you are already logged into your Joomla admin panel. Joomla uses...
This tutorial assumes you are already logged into your Joomla admin panel 1) From the Components...
Below are some steps you can take to ensure that your Joomla upgrade goes smoothly. Upgrades and...
In this tutorial we will see how to manage Contacts 1) First select the Components menu item...
This tutorial assumes you are already logged into your Joomla admin panel 1) Let's start by...