Our server upgrade to more powerful SSD servers is turning out to be a longer process than we first expected, but it comes with benefits, for both newer and older hosted websites and applications.
We are 2 days away from bringing our new hosting server online, please bear with us as we finish up all the prerequisite tasks to make the transition as smooth as possible.
On Tuesday March 15th @ 1am EST we will be officially launching the new servers and websites may experience 1-2 hour downtime overnight.
** We will send more details regarding the IP for clients not using our nameservers.
1. NEW INCLUDED SERVICES!
We have added CloudLinux to all our shared hosting plans. CloudLinux allows shared hosting clients the flexibility to choose the version of PHP they would like to run on the server and provides additional security hardening and resource management to keep the server you are hosted on safer and more stable.
If you or your developer need to select a specific version of PHP for your application. Follow these instructions:
- Login into your CPANEL control panel (http://<yourdomain.com>/cpanel)
- Under the Software section, click Select PHP Version
- Currently you can select from the following PHP versions:
- 4.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 and 7.0
- The server default version is 5.5
- The best version of PHP we have found that works for older sites is 5.3
If your account was identified, we have set the PHP version in cPanel for you, so your sites should be functioning as normal. Your sites will continue to work on the upgraded server.
Although your sites will continue to work, we strongly suggest upgrading your sites to take advantage of new features and security patches in your CMS or eCommerce framework.
IF WE SEEM TO HAVE MISSED YOUR OLD SITE OR YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ERRORS, please contact us (or you can follow the instructions above - it's easy!)
2. EXCITING UPCOMING SERVICES!
We are excited to announce that next month we will be offering a new SSL service for only $25/year for sites hosted on our server.
You can have all your domains enabled with HTTPS:// for $25/year! Without the need for a dedicated IP address.
We will manage and install it for you.
- You can pay as little as $100/yr for a basic SSL certificate
- Or $150+/yr for multi domain & subdomain SSL certificate
- You have to apply for and download/install the certificate - usually a confusing process
If you need any help or have any questions, please let us know
e-dimensionz Support Team
Sunday, March 13, 2016